If you’re a homeschooling family, you probably seek out museums everywhere you go. As a museum lover, you’ll want to get a museum pass.
In this article, you’re going to learn about a museum pass that will save you money! Pay for the pass once, and you’ll be able to enter museums around the world for free or at a discount.
p.s. Share information about your favorite museum passes in the comments below.
Get a Yearly Museum Pass Through Reciprocity Programs
Did you know that many museums around the world are part of reciprocity programs? A reciprocal museum pass is a pass that can get you into multiple museums in a specific geographic region or even around the world.
When you buy an annual museum pass, you’ll save money and have more engaging educational experiences with your kids. From science museums to children’s museums you’ll discover passes for your family.
Benefits of an Annual Museum Pass
- Discounted or free admission into other museums in the same program.
- Access to educational programs.
- Preferred entrance to special events.
- You may bypass the general admission line.
- Pay annually for your museum pass.
- You may qualify for free or discounted parking.
- There is often free access to special exhibitions.
- Get into other museums that are part of the program for free or at a discount.
- As a member in good standing, you may receive a discount to the museum shop.
- Attend museum events at a discounted rate.
- Enjoy going to museums more often.
Watch This Video About Museum Passes
NARM: North American Reciprocal Museum Association
The North American Reciprocal Museum Association is an excellent example of a worldwide museum program known as NARM. While you’ll want to visit their website for more information, when you purchase a yearly museum pass through NARM, you’ll get into many other museums around the world for free.
On NARM’s website, you can search for members by category.
- Architecture & Design
- Hall of Fame
- Historic Site
- Historical Society
- Natural History
- Nature Center
- Performance & Design
- Science & Technology
How to Purchase a Museum Pass
In the case of NARM, you will likely need to purchase a museum pass near you. If there isn’t a participating museum near you, check NARM’s website. If you will be visiting a geographical area with many museums, inquire if they have a regional museum pass program.
Listen to “Museum Pass for Thousands of Museums” on the HomeSchool ThinkTank Parenting Podcast
This podcast episode is different than the video above.
Join parents in more than 100 countries and listen to the HomeSchool ThinkTank Parenting Podcast.
Museum & Culture Passes at Your Local Library
Did you know that some libraries allow cardholders to reserve passes?
From museums to butterfly pavilions and National Parks, libraries often allow cardholders to check out passes. Inquire at your local library.
See How We Serve Homeschool Families!
We provide homeschooling, parenting, and education information and consulting services.
Share this Article
Share this article with a friend, homeschool group, or anyone who would find it useful. Thanks for sharing!
More Articles, Podcast Episodes, & Videos for You
- Math Games Your Family Will Love!
- Mindset Mondays: Weekly Inspiration
- Road Schooling: An Inspirational Educational Approach
- Science People: A Beautiful Book by World-Renowned Artist
- History Podcast Collection for Kids, Teens, & Adults