Allison DeFrees is the founder of Telexia Tutoring. She helps kids who have dyslexia learn how to read.
Allison also guides parents as they learn how to help their own children overcome the challenges associated with dyslexia.
Learn More About Dyslexia on the HomeSchool ThinkTank Parenting Podcast
In this episode of the HomeSchool ThinkTank Parenting Podcast, expert Allison DeFrees helps parents understand what they can do to help their child learn to read. Listen to our interview with Allison on Spotify or Apple Podcasts. You can also listen here or nearly anywhere that podcasts are played. Look for episode #8.
Dyslexia and Telexia Tutoring: Helping Kids Read
- Do you need to know what the symptoms of dyslexia are?
- Would you like to be better equipped to help a child who has dyslexia?
- Are you looking for an online tutor for your child?
- Learn about dyslexia and how you can help your child overcome this challenge.
What It’s Like To Have Dyslexia
Allison DeFrees understands what it’s like to have dyslexia. In fact, she didn’t know how to read until she was a teenager.
After doing all that they knew how to do and at their wits’ end, Allison’s parents enrolled her in a school for kids who have dyslexia. This was a pivotal moment in Allison’s life. She finally received the help she needed to learn to read.
Allison has far surpassed her challenges and has gone on to earn a Masters in the Arts of Teaching from Georgia State University. She is also a certified teacher by the State of Georgia. In addition, Allison has earned an Associate Level Certification from the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators and is currently training under a fellow.
Watch This Helpful Video With Allison DeFrees
Tutoring For Kids Who Have Dyslexia
Today, Allison helps children who have dyslexia learn to read. She tutors kids in a one-on-one situation online. She founded Telexia Tutoring to help families overcome the challenges that dyslexia presents.
An Online Course For Parents Who Need Help Teaching A Child To Read
Allison offers a course that is designed to help parents teach their own child who is struggling with dyslexia. This is an affordable option that parents can easily take advantage of. Learn more about dyslexia in this episode of the HomeSchool ThinkTank Parenting Podcast, Allison helps parents understand what dyslexia is, how to recognize the symptoms, and how to help a child who has dyslexia.
An Important Fact About Dyslexia
Did you know that an estimated 20% of the population has dyslexia? To put that in real world terms, one in every five people struggles with the challenges associated with dyslexia.
By the way, you’ll also want to hear about the gift of dyslexia and some of the amazingly successful people who have dyslexia. Hear all about it in this episode on Apple Podcasts.
Are you ready to learn more about dyslexia? Tune into this fascinating interview with the founder of Telexia Tutoring, Allison DeFrees.
Dyslexia 101 Overview
- Know What Dyslexia Is: Knowing what dyslexia is can be as important as knowing what it is not. Helping your child understand how their brain thinks can be empowering.
- Know What To Look For: Keep your eyes open for the common signs of dyslexia in children. Learn what symptoms of dyslexia the experts look for here.
- Take The Next Step: What should your next step be if you suspect that your child is struggling with dyslexia? Get a list of websites and research centers that are the best of the best.
You Might Also Find These Articles & Podcast Episodes Helpful
- Teach A Child To Read With Children’s Books.
- Best Homeschool Spelling Curriculum For Kids.
- The Young Reader.
- Handwriting For Kids.
- Resources on our Blog.
Share This Article
If you know another parent or group who could benefit from this information, the please copy and paste the link below to share it.